Local Numbers Update:
|Inyo County Cases:
· 10 confirmed COVID-19 cases | 0 deaths
Inyo County Testing:
· Tests Administered: 112 (NIHD & Toiyabe)
· Tests Positive: 10
· Tests Negative: 78
· Tests Pending*: 24
*Cases with pending results are monitored by medical staff ordering test; Inyo County Public Health monitors pending results identified as high probability individuals.
Mono County Cases:
18 confirmed COVID-19 case | 1 deaths
Local Information, Action, & Recommendations
- Inyo County Virtual Town Hall Meeting: In an effort to keep Inyo County residents as informed as possible regarding our Unified Command approach to COVID-19, while simultaneously maintaining social distancing measures, a virtual Town Hall meeting has been scheduled for April 9, 2020 at 6:00pm. In order to participate, click on the following link to join the Zoom webinar: https://zoom.us/j/285918184 The public can email questions through April 8, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inyo County Community Volunteer Network: In response to COVID-19, several agencies have joined together to help Inyo County community members who may need extra assistance. Beginning April 3, prospective volunteers can register online at: bishopchamberofcommerce.com Once the questionnaire is completed, the information will be forwarded to Inyo County Health and Human Services volunteer coordinators who will match volunteers with opportunities to help.
- COVID-19 Related Assistance: Beginning April 3, any individual that needs assistance related to the current COVID-19 situation can call 760-878-8559 Monday-Friday, 9am-noon and 1pm-5pm. You will be matched to the appropriate agency based on the type of assistance requested.
- CRITICAL REMINDER – Failure to Comply with Health Officer Orders Places Individuals at Risk of Imprisonment, Fines, or Both: Additional actions may be taken by the Health Officer, including civil detention or requiring one to stay at a health facility or other location, to protect the public’s health if an individual who is subject to a Health Order violates or fails to comply with Health Officer orders. Violation of Health Officer Orders may also result in a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment, fine, or both (Health and Safety Code §120295). Current Orders issued by the Health Officer can be viewed at https://www.inyocounty.us/covid-19/press-releases.
Statewide/ Federal Information, Action, & Recommendations
|Confirmed Cases||1,009,840||240, 593||10,018|
Global: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ (04/02/20 –3pm)
US: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ (04/02/20 – 3pm)
CA: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ (04/02/20 – 3pm)
- Student Instruction During COVID-19: Governor Gavin Newsom announced a major agreement between teachers, classified employees, school boards, superintendents, and principals to work together to provide distance learning to California’s students as a result of school closures due to mitigation efforts against the COVID-19 outbreak. The agreement means more kids will be able to get school resources, such as quality distance instruction, and empowers teachers to create lessons within clear parameters. For more information visit: https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/04/01/governor-newsom-announces-agreement-between-teachers-classified-employees-and-school-system-management-to-support-student-instruction-during-covid-19-outbreak/
- The below government COVID-19 guidance pages are updated constantly as new information becomes available:
Inyo County Health and Human Services- Public Health Division, Board of Supervisors, and County Administration are actively monitoring the situation involving the infectious disease outbreak of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). The Inyo County HHS Public Health division is the lead authority for all public health emergencies in our County.
Every effort is made to ensure the timely distribution of the Daily Updates by 5:00 pm.
We appreciate your patience in the event the update is released later than anticipated.
For up-to-date information as well as previous updates please visit: