Breakfast Biscuit Cups
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended; gradually add 3/4 cup milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. In another large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter until tender. Whisk the eggs, garlic salt and remaining milk and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until almost set.
- 3. One at a time, press biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of 8 ungreased muffin cups. Spoon the egg mixture, half the cheese, and the sausage into cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
1 biscuit cup: 303 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
© 2022 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC